Wednesday, April 30, 2014

His Name

Our youngest son, Parker, is going through a big mama phase.  Don't laugh if you know him because the phase pretty much started when he was born.  I am sure he will eventually grow out of it and I will someday miss his little face at my side everywhere I go.  But for now......



The other morning I kept a tally.  Parker said "Mama" 68 times in the first hour he was awake.  Sixty. Eight.  I am not kidding.  Sometimes he is asking for something.  Sometimes he wants to tell me something.  Sometimes he just wants me to look at him.  Sometimes he doesn't seem to want anything at all, just to say my name and know that I am there.

Wonder what it would look like if the Lord kept tally on me?  Lord, I need....  Lord, I want....  Lord, will you...  Lord, can you...  Lord, Lord, Lord, Lord, Lord, Lord, Lord....  Hi.

Jesus.

His name is powerful.

"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."  Philippians 2:9-11   

His name sustains me. 

"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father."  John 14:13

His name protects me. 

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." Proverbs 18:10

His name saves me. 

"But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name."  John 20:31. 

How many times have I come to His name and let it carry me?  Sometimes I ask for something.  Sometimes I want to tell Him something.  Sometimes I just want Him to look on me.  Sometimes I don't want anything at all but to just say His name and know that He is there.

And He is.

 


XOXO....Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment