Thursday, May 12, 2016

Life is like a chicken sandwich.....

When I drive by Chik-Fil-A on Sunday mornings I think, Way to go, Chik-Fil-A!  I'm proud of you.  A hugely successful and popular restaurant with delicious food.  No one would think twice about you being open on a Sunday, but someone did.  Putting people first, you put profits second.  Kudos!! 

And then I start to think about all the other things I like about Chik-Fil-A.  Like their sauces and sandwiches.  Well, that just makes me hungry and then a little resentful that I can't have Chik-Fil-A until tomorrow 'cause it's Sunday.  Am I now annoyed with Chik-Fil-A?  A little bit. 

So I guess it's a love-hate relationship.  Mostly love, of course.  The good way outweighs the bad, which, by the way, is all about me being selfish.  And yet, that's how the evil one works his way in, isn't it?  By finding a tiny crack in the logic of what is overwhelmingly good.  And once there's a crack....

Depending on my mood on any given morning I could stew about lack of a chicken sandwich all the way to dinnertime.  Or I can repent immediately and go back to being appreciative.  Option  B, of course, is almost always the best route.   

What's your chicken sandwich issue today?  Are you overlooking the good in a situation because something else is trying to worm its way in? 

Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.  Philippians 4:8

Our lives become a reflection of the good we allow to live within us.  Like the story of the two dogs that are constantly fighting within you...the one that wins is the one you feed.  So feed the good one. 

(But not at Chik-Fil-A on a Sunday.  You'll get no help there.) 

XOXO...Kelly





No comments:

Post a Comment