Thursday, August 1, 2013

I'm really, really ridiculously good looking--Part 2

While visiting my parents in Pittsburgh last week I unearthed these photos.  When I was 16, I wanted nothing more than what every 16 year old girl wants.....for someone to follow her around with a camera fashion model style and take beautiful pictures of her and only her.  (If you're female and you're thinking, "I never wanted that" then you are lying to yourself.  If you're male and you've suspected this of our gender all along, well, what can I say.  It's part of our charm.)  So my parents treated me to a Glamour Shot session for my birthday.  Look out world, here I come....



These first two series are really aimed at capturing my sophisticated side.  When you're trying to capture this sort of essence it's helpful to flare your nostrils a little bit.  I love how the fur collar matches the natural highlights in my hair and how my eyes twinkle like the studs on the silver vest.  I can picture myself driving away from the studio in my red Chrysler Sebring convertible with white leather seats.  Fancy!!


 
A little more luxury here.  I bet if you saw me on the street wearing that black and gold jacket you'd assume I was worth a million dollars.  But I'm really just like the rest of you.  And look at how they've played with my image a little on the last line of pictures.  The denim and black says I am tough, a force to be reckoned with, but the teddy bear reminds you that I have a softer side.  How about that last shot?  That's right...eat your heart out.   
 
If looking at these photos inspires you to do nothing more than this right now I will rest well tonight....think of that person that drove you nuts in high school or broke your heart or picked on you and let it go.  Because thank God for the mercy and grace that allows us to be better than we were at 16!  "The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree; he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon" Psalm 92:12.  But cedars and palm trees don't grow over night.  The process for some is slower than others, but make no mistake.  He who began a good work in you will keep on doing it, moving us from Glamour Shots to glory with the quiet strength of His hand.  That saying about people peaking in high school doesn't account for the chance that God gives each of us everyday to get better.  Maybe it's yourself that you need to forgive and accept that spiritual growth is something that never ends.  Yes, we end this life as imperfect as we begin in, but we do get better!!   "We, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with EVER INCREASING glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit" 2 Cor 3:18.  I know several people right now doing amazing things for themselves, allowing God to move in their spiritual lives, in their finances, in their health.  You are in my prayers everyday.  Know that His glory in you is becoming greater everyday, too.
 

But back to these photos.  Look...my hair makes a perfect triangle.  Awesome.   

XOXO....Kelly

     




No comments:

Post a Comment