Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Mama Jan

A long time friend of mine lost her mother this weekend.  "Mama Jan" struggled for so many years bravely and gracefully, and is at peace at last.  I think about the many ups and downs her family went through alongside her, the spirit of hope that kept them all together. 

We've all been there in one capacity or another...staring into the face of fear and uncertainty.  Illness, job loss, a broken relationship.  Mistakes abound.  Circumstances fail us.

But there is always hope.

I lift my eyes unto the hills--where does my help come from?
My help is in the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2

Let what brings us to our knees, be what brings us to Christ.  Let our heads not bow in defeat, but in fervent prayer.  Let hope replace your sorrow, your fear, your uncertainty.  There is always hope.

To my friend, I know your pain is great and your loss immeasurable.  What an inspiration you and your family are, how you've lived for so long in hope and joy and faithfulness.  This road has been a long one, the road ahead longer still.  May God's peace surround you in the coming days.  May His hope continue to live and grow in each one of you.  You are in our thoughts and prayers always. 

XOXO....Kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment