Saturday, April 4, 2015

Happy Easter.

"It was the Saturday before Easter, and Mom and I were headed to Lowes to buy flowers...." 

When I want to hear my family groan I simply start with that sentence.  It's the tale of how the precious and wonderful Oscar Mayer Long came into our lives, what I jokingly refer to as the true miracle of Easter.  Wasn't he a doll!!!!!????


I love Holy Week.  It is undeniably my favorite week of the whole year.  I don't love it because it marks the time in my life when I would, at long last, get a dachshund puppy of my own.  I love it because no matter what is going on in my life--loss or gain, happiness or sadness--I am reminded of my own worth. 

From Christ's triumphant entry into Jerusalem, to His betrayal in the garden.

From the injustice of His trial, to the cruel magnitude of His suffering.

From His death on the cross, to the miracle of His resurrection. 

He did it for me.  And for you.  And for the person next to you!  He did it for all of us.  Do you know the worth of that?  Can you feel the love of God, designed to reach everyone of us no matter where we are, where we've been or what we are to become? 

Dang.

My pride is brought low, my humility raised up, so that in everything His glory would shine through me.  Christ came to bring healing to a hurting world, to redeem us by His mercy in ways we do not always understand, with a love we can not fathom.  He died to save us and in God's power, was raised again. 

"For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God.  I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ who lives within me.  The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who love me and gave himself for me.  I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"  Galatians 2:19-21

Christ is Risen, friends. 

Because I am worth it.  And so are you.

Happy Easter. 

XOXO.....Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment