Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Last week.

Good riddance to last week!  It started with a tornado warning, kids up at 6:15 sitting in a closet with flashlights.  It ended with me shutting Parker's fingers in a door.  Somewhere in the middle there was storming, flooding, school canceled, the last day of Pre-K for Zachary and Kevin's appendectomy.  It's a new week now and a new month, so we shall have no more of that.  I have declared it.

Here's the thing about a week like last week.  No one thing is insurmountable, but all together it's just a big hot mess.  You've barely had time to process the first event before the next one is upon you.  You are pushed to the edge emotionally and physically.  It is at moments like these that the only recourse is to throw your arms in the air and declare, I give!

"When I said, 'My foot is slipping,' your love, oh Lord, supported me.  When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy."  Psalm 94:18-19

These are the days the Lord has made for me, days to rejoice and be glad in.  Though my circumstances are not always ideal, not a moment goes by where I am not held in the perfect strength of Jesus Christ and His love for me.  My feet may be slipping, but my spirit is steady, resting in an exact me-shaped niche in His hands.  I am not forsaken.  I am loved.  The Lord does not roll his eyes at my anxiety and worry, but expects it, soothes it, turns it into peace.  And so, I give. 

..........Still--seriously, though--I've had enough.  Here's to June.  :)

Blake. 
Taking out the trash, moving on. 
Now who's ready to party? :)

XOXO.....Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment