Thursday, February 28, 2013

God was at Joann Fabrics last weekend. I think He was looking for a good spring cotton...

My heart has been heavy lately with so many of the things going on in the lives of my friends and family...so much so that I was driven to Joann Fabrics one Saturday evening just to escape my thoughts for a while. I do love me a good trip to the fabric store. All the fabric is so neat and so pretty. It's not sewn all over and ripped up yet like when you've tried twelve times to get your quilt lined up and think you might just pitch it across the room. I once took Kevin to the fabric store with me. It was a lot like when he took me to Radio Shack only with more fart noises. So, again, I do love me a good trip to the fabric store ALONE. And since I was alone I was in a much better position to eavesdrop on all the conversations going on around me. Well, I wasn't really eavesdropping per say, but it's quiet in that store and you can easily hear what people are saying. I was browsing near the home decorating bolts when I overheard two older women chatting at the pattern book table. They were sharing their experiences of losing a son and a grandson. One of the women said, "People always want to know why, but I know my grandson will be there waiting for me when I get to Heaven. I don't really need to know why." As she spoke it became clear I was no longer listening to the words of this woman but hearing the voice of God. A strange peace fell over me as I leaned into the assurance of my Father and, aside from how He was responding to so many of the things I have been praying about, I was immediately struck by how THERE He was. Smack in the middle of Joann Fabrics...God was there. And when I least expected to hear His voice there it was, too. So in case you need the assurance today, God is out there! His timing is perfect. His wisdom is absolute. And His love for you....it is overwhelming. God is out there, friends.  AMEN.  XOXO...Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment