Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Poodles and Ferrets

Did anyone see the Yahoo news article last week about the man that bought two toy poodles at a market in Argentina and it turns out the "poodles" were really steroid-injected ferrets?  Seriously, this happened and I have been making ferret poodle jokes for several days now because of it.  This week's news reports are much more unsettling.  People work hard, make plans and are met instead with personal tragedy, national outrage and unspeakable sorrow.  If I may be so poetic, ferrets stand where poodles should be.  I am personally so angry today.  I am angry that it was hard to go to sleep last night.  I am angry that fear follows me to the grocery store.  I am angry my children may not always be safe.  I am angry that evil meets us where good should be instead.  But I REFUSE to put my head down.  "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money" (Matthew 6: 24). Money is one of those necessary evils. We have to have it, but it can not be our focus. Disappointment, anger, frustration, sorrow...these are necessary evils in the same way. From time to time we will encounter them, must deal with them, and let God move us on.  We must not serve them.  I don't know what the man did with the animals, but supposing he kept them I am sure he's altering his plans now.  Buying a large cage, new food, a litter box, probably a book or two on what to do with ferrets, and moving on.  I serve God.  I serve hope, I serve faith, I serve goodness.  And I am angry that some people make this so hard!!!!  But, again, I REFUSE to put my head down.  Dear God, you reign sovereign over us.  Whether good or evil stands before me, poodles or ferrets, I will serve YOU and only YOU.  Please be with those that have lost this week, those that are hurting, those that feel helpless.  Bring the healing that we can only find in you, God.  And help us to move on.  Amen.  XOXO...Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment