Monday, April 1, 2013

Target Practice

This is what I have learned from shopping at Target...you can not have it all.  No matter how cute/nifty/fashionable the item you are purchasing is, in another month (or maybe sooner) they are going to put out another product that is equally as cute/nifty/fashionable or maybe even more so.  This life lesson also applies to automobiles, cell phones, products found at Marshall's, products found at TJMaxx, products found at Kohl's, everything at the Carter's children's store, Craigslist bargains and, on behalf of some of my nearest and dearest family members, Ebay finds and Cabella's sporting goods.  This lesson does not, however, apply to jewelry.  Jewelry should be bought (and/or appropriately gifted) as often and as sparkly as possible.  There is no such thing as a gaudy diamond.  In fact, in case you're wondering what might the most appropriate size of diamond for someone in your life, a good suggestion is to look at the number of children they have.  For example, if your wonderful wife has born four children for you, well...you do the math.  But back to Target.  I could spend a lifetime chasing that crimson bulls-eye of happiness, but life's greatest peace for me is echoed in the tomb on Easter morning.  Funny that such emptiness can bring about such fullness.  Where else could Peter look in and see nothing, and that mean everything?  Christ is risen indeed!  He lies not in some tomb, His body decaying in the grave.  Instead He goes before me, walks beside me.  Death could not touch Him and in Him it can not touch me!  So Target, though I love you so, I think I'll wait until those lampshades I love go on clearance.  And if my time is up before then be sure to bury me with something sparkly.  I want to look good for those pearly gates, when I walk into the arms of my savior and leave Satan behind to restock the shelves.  XOXO....Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment