Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Never say never.

Much of our adolescence, when my sisters and I would play house, I would insist that Terri's "character" have four boys and drive a van.  I thought this was hilarious. 

And the Lord replied...

For months and months we have complained about our neighbors and their horrible, yappy dogs that get up at all hours of the night and bark relentlessly. 

And the Lord replied...
 
I believe that your children should eat what you tell them to eat, so if you want them to eat healthy food you should make them eat healthy food.  They are kids, not adults, and they don't call the shots.
 
And the Lord replied...

 
I'm counting my blessings today and understanding that God's plans for my life are clearly better than my own (except maybe the Chihuahua, though I'm sure there's a good lesson to be learned there, too).  "To man belong the plans of the heart, but from the Lord comes the reply of the tongue. All a man's ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the Lord. Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. The Lord works out everything for his own ends, even the wicked for a day of disaster....In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."  Proverbs 16: 1-4, 9. 
 
I've got two options when it comes to following God...I can trust or I can doubt.  To trust doesn't always mean to understand or even to be happy about it (see aforementioned Chihuahua), but to know "that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him".  He took Christ from the manger to the cross, from earth to the sky all so that as we "share in his sufferings we may also share in His glory."  Can God then also handle my day full of laundry and dishes and emails and carpools?  And the Lord replied.....yeah, I got this.
 
XOXO...Kelly
   
 


No comments:

Post a Comment