Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Max.


We put our sweet lab, Maxine ("Max"), down to rest in peace on Friday.  I know lots of people say this about their animals, but she really was the best dog ever.  Exceptional.  Loyal, sweet, protective, completely trustworthy.  I can count on my hands the number of times she tore something up or disobeyed a command.  I believe God's spirit dwells in all of His creation.  She had an extra dose and we were blessed to have her.

"What may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.  For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made"  Romans 1:19-20

I remember asking the question in Bible study once, how do we know God exists?  We have His word, we have His spirit and we have His creation.  The majesty of a sunset.  The power of the rushing ocean.  Pine tree branches that point upward in the shape of a cross in the spring.  Even the shape of DNA is the shape of the cross.  We debate endlessly to reconcile the differences between science and religion, but to live and breathe among these daily miracles....how could they not be the work of a Master Creator?  Does He not hold even science in His hands?

Thank you, God, for the daily assurances you give us of your power, your sovereignty and your love.  Thank you for Max.  When I think of her I know I can not ever doubt your goodness.  Lord, I praise you for the blessing of all that is in your creation and ask that you would open our eyes, that we would see you always in all that is around us.  Amen.

XOXO....Kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment