Monday, July 28, 2014

They said it was daft to build a castle on a swamp!

I sang a JJ Heller song, "Your Hands", this weekend in church.  The chorus starts with this line....

When my world is shaking, Heaven stands.

See, we have this Lego castle.  It's got 15,970 pieces and takes a little over 4 days to construct.  I'm exaggerating.  A little.  But it's definitely one of those structures that, once complete, should get "the kra*gle" (super glue in case you've not seen the Lego Movie).  We haven't gotten that far over here so, Kevin and I have rebuilt the Lego castle a good 7 times since the boys got it at Christmas.

It's sort of like that scene in Monty Python....


We will probably continue to rebuild this castle until the boys leave for college.  Then we'll get a break for a  few years until our kids have kids of their own and then it will start all over again. 

How many other things have I rebuilt over and over and over again?  My attitude, my behavior, my parenting skills, my finances, my health.  Starting over and over and over, bound and determined to get it right, because when everything else falls and crumbles and fails, Heaven stands

For by grace you have been saved through faith.  And this is not your own doing. It is the gift of God.  Not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.  Ephesians 2:8-9

It's the only reason the rebuilding is even worth it.  Despite all of our failings and missteps, God makes us worth it.  Is it hard sometimes?  Yes.  Maddening?  Frustrating?  Exhausting?  Yes, yes and yes.  But try we must because for we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works.  His grace is ready, His glory is waiting.

They said it was daft to build a castle on a swamp. 
But I built it just the same. 
Just to show 'em.

XOXO....Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment