Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Gap.

So this is how my life goes sometimes.  I'm at point A.  I want/need/expect to be at point B.  In between is a big ol' gap. 

Here's an awesome diagram to help you visualize what I'm trying to say. 

 

You're welcome.  Now continuing on....

I don't know what's going to happen during that gap, how I'm really going to get from A to B, so I fill the gap. 

I fill the gap with worry.
I fill the gap with doubt.
I fill the gap with anxiety.
I fill the gap with impatience.

You know who knows what's going to happen during my gap?  God does.  He has my gap covered. 

A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.  Proverbs 16:9

Fill your gap with faith.  (I've now used the word "gap" 8 times so far.)  Wherever you are, God is with you, and wherever you might be headed, He is already there.  Lean in close.  Pray specifically.  Those footprints in the sand are not just your own.

Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.  Psalm 119:105
 
Both your present and your future are in His hands.  He might give you more than you can handle, but never more than He can.  So what is your unknown today?  Can you let it go?  Can you trust God with your gap?   

Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise you
And I will seek You in the morning
And I will learn to walk in Your ways
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days*

XOXO....Kelly

*"Step By Step" by Rich Mullins

No comments:

Post a Comment